Spend $99 for Free Standard Shipping Australia Wide
Also found in: Natural Parasite Defence
Upgraded formula now contains standardised herbal extract constituents including artemisinin (Chinese wormwood), berberine (barberry), gingerols (ginger), and clove, known for its antimicrobial activity in vitro. Read more
BioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. As a requirement from BioCeuticals, to purchase products from the BioCeuticals range, please complete the health questionnaire below. One of our health care practitioners will review this information in order to provide you with access to the product.
Already a customer? Login
Thank you for your request. One of our health care practitioners will contact you within 24 hours (or within 48 hours if it’s on the weekend) once your questionnaire has been reviewed to issue your log in.
Insert the code we have sent you in the email for this practitioner product.
BioCeuticals Paracea Forte
Paracea Forte has been upgraded to include standardised herbal extracts including Chinese wormwood, barberry and ginger with the addition of black walnut, grapefruit and clove. Chinese wormwood is used in traditional Chinese medicine, and black walnut is used traditionally in western herbal medicine (WHM), for the removal of gastrointestinal worms. Barberry is used in traditional WHM as an antimicrobial and to aid digestion, and clove is known for its antimicrobial activity in vitro. Ginger may also aid digestion and assist in the relief of nausea.
- Upgraded formula now contains standardised herbal extract constituents including artemisinin (Chinese wormwood), berberine (barberry), gingerols (ginger), and clove, known for its antimicrobial activity in vitro.
- Formulated to include herbs traditionally used in WHM for the removal of gastrointestinal (GIT) worms, which may contribute to GIT discomfort.
- Ginger is used traditionally in WHM to help relieve gastrointestinal symptoms including poor appetite, nausea, dyspepsia, indigestion, digestive spasms and flatulence.
- Barberry has a tradition of use in WHM as a bitter tonic to help stimulate healthy digestion, and to relieve dyspepsia, diarrhoea, bloating and symptoms associated with microbial overgrowth.
- Berberine and gingerols are broad-spectrum, demonstrating antimicrobial and/or antifungal activity in animal studies and in vitro.
- Chinese wormwood is categorised as an antimalarial in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
- Vegan friendly formula.
- Enteric coated tablet bypasses acidity of the stomach, for targeted intestinal delivery.
Each tablet contains:
|Herbal extracts standardised equiv. to dry:|
|Artemisia annua (Chinese wormwood) herb||750mg|
equiv. to artemisinin
equiv. to thujone
|Berberis vulgaris (barberry) root||750mg|
equiv. to berberine
|Zingiber officinale (ginger) root||500mg|
equiv. to gingerols calculated as gingerol-
|Herbal extracts equiv. to dry:|
|Juglans nigra (black walnut) fruit hull||400mg|
|Citrus x paradisi (grapefruit) fruit||450mg|
equiv. to volatile oil
- No Added Dairy
- No Added Gluten
- No Added Shellfish
- No Added Soy Protein
- Vegan Friendly
- Vegetarian Friendly
Adults: Take 1-2 tablets twice daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If diarrhoea persists for more than 6 hours in infants under 6 months, 12 hours in children under 3 years, 24 hours in children aged 3-6 years or 48 hours in adults and children over 6 years, seek medical advice.
- Individuals taking anticoagulants should seek medical advice before taking this product.
- Individuals at risk of bleeding problems should seek advice from their health practitioner prior to taking this product.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.
- Paracea Forte is not recommended for use during pregnancy; barberry is contraindicated in pregnancy and Chinese wormwood is not recommended in pregnancy or lactation.
- Not recommended for prolonged use.
- Theoretically, ginger may have an antiplatelet effect; use with caution with warfarin.
- Clove is reported to have antiplatelet activity in vitro. Be cautious of use with anticoagulant/ antiplatelet medications.
- Grapefruit juice is known to affect the metabolism of several medications. Paracea Forte contains an extract of grapefruit. The flavonoid narigenin is the component of grapefruit juice known to have been associated with an effect on these medications. The narigenin content of the grapefruit extract in Paracea Forte is 0.1%, and at these levels, there is not likely to be a significant impact on the metabolism of these medications.