AustralianVitamins.com is committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of information you share with us.
Safe & Secure Shopping
All of our credit card transactions are processed through the Australian banking system using eWAY as the payment gateway. All transaction details are encrypted so you are safe to shop with us at AustralianVitamins.com.
Whenever submitting personal information at the checkout or during login, the location bar or URL address bar in your browser will indicate a secure server. The first characters of the URL address in that line should change from "http" to "https".
All orders are packaged and sent with every effort to limit any indication of the contents on the outside of packaging. That means you don’t have to worry about compromising your privacy. Customs declarations for shipments outside Australia are the only exception where we will have to provide an indication of the contents.
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting information on Registered members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is necessary to use some of the services on our website. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, acceptance on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account. You may unsubscribe from receiving updates and promotional material and other information at any time by either contacting us through our Contact Us page or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link included in all promotional emails.
Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are only stored by our payment gateway payment processor for the processing of payment. We do not see or store your complete credit card number on our website. Your details are processed by our payment gateway processor where they are encrypted to provide the highest level of protection available.
- We can access your credit card to provide credits / refunds / process payments. We do not have access to your complete credit card number.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services. Example: Australia Post to deliver your purchase. Example: MailChimp email software to provide coupon codes and other promotional material.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Cookies and Applets
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Removal of Personal Information / Data Deletion
- At anytime a user may request to have any collected details removed / deleted from our system by using the Contact Us form found here. A user may submit the request through our Contact Us form and indicate that they would like their details removed / deleted. The removal / deletion of personal information can typically take up to 7 business days.
Links to other sites
- We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.