Spend $99 for Free Shipping Australia wide
Also found in: St John's Wort
St. John’s wort aids in the relief of low mood or despondency, and feelings of sadness and/or tearfulness. It helps to relieve the loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities. St. John’s wort can assist in the relief of physical and emotional agitation, irritability and fatigue. Read more
Blackmores St Johns Wort
St. John’s wort aids in the relief of low mood or despondency, and feelings of sadness and/or tearfulness. It helps to relieve the loss of interest or pleasure in daily activities. St. John’s wort can assist in the relief of physical and emotional agitation, irritability and fatigue.
Features and benefits
* Relieves sadness and despondency
* Relieves irritability and agitation
How it works
St. John’s wort appears to impact a number of neurotransmitters that have an effect on mood and emotions.
St. John’s wort has been standardised to contain the active constituent hypericin. Research suggests that hypericin has a tonic and tranquillising action. St. John’s wort may increase the levels of certain nerve transmitters, such as serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine, which help to maintain normal mood and keep emotions stable.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 12 years) - Only as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions
* May rarely cause photosensitive skin rash, mild gastrointestinal symptoms, tiredness or restlessness.
* Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in pregnancy.
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
Hypericum perforatum (St John's Wort) extract
equivalent to dry flowering herb top
(standardised to contain hypericin
derivatives 990 mcg) 1.8g (1800mg)
* St John’s wort may interfere with the action of some medications.
* Consult your healthcare professional before use if you are taking, or think you may be taking, prescription antidepressants (tricyclics or SSRIs), oral contraceptives (birth control pills), digoxin, simvastatin, warfarin, protease inhibitors (antiviral drugs), cyclosporine, irinotecan, imatinib or methadone.