Blackmores Prostate Health Formula
Blackmores Prostate Health Formula has been developed with a range of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals providing a comprehensive approach to the maintenance of prostate health. Research supports the use of the ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula for antioxidant protection of prostate cells from free radical damage, and for the relief from symptoms of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy (benign enlargement of the prostate).
Features and benefits
* May help to protect prostate cells by reducing the risk of free radical damage.
* Provides relief from the symptoms of medically diagnosed benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH), including frequent day and night urination, difficulty in starting and finishing urination and a weak urinary flow.
* Helps to maintain a healthy prostate.
* Clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
* Clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
How it works
The combination of ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula supports prostate health in 2 ways.
* Antioxidant protection of prostate cells
- Lycopene – High levels of lycopene are normally found in the prostate. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant which may help to reduce cell damage. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a natural form of lycopene extracted from tomatoes.
- Selenium & vitamin E – May assist in maintaining the health of the prostate through their role in providing cellular protection from free radical damage.
- Zinc – A normal human prostate has the highest level of zinc of any soft tissue in the body. It may be important for healthy testosterone regulation, which is important for maintaining a healthy prostate.
* Relief of medically diagnosed BPH symptoms
- Saw palmetto – Saw palmetto has been shown to improve symptoms of BPH such as night time urination and poor urine flow. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
- Nettle root – Like saw palmetto, nettle root relieves the symptoms of a medically diagnosed enlarged prostate (BPH). Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
Adults - Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
* Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 150 µg.
* If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
* Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
* Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
* May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
- Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto) extract equivalent to dry fruit standardised to contain fatty acids 1.6 g (1600 mg) 144 mg
- Urtica dioica (Nettle) extract equiv. to dry root 1.1 g (1100 mg)
- Lycopene (natural extract from tomatoes) 2.5 mg
- Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol 50.3 mg) 75 IU
- Selenomethionine (Selenium 50 µg) 125 µg
- Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 7.5 mg) 20.8 mg
Zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least 2 hours.