Blackmores Sustained Release C | Vitamin C
Blackmores Sustained Release C provides a gradual supply of vitamin C throughout the day to help reduce the severity and duration of colds.
Features and benefits
* Specifically formulated to be released slowly over a sustained 8 hour period, ensuring that vitamin C is available when you body needs it.
* Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract to boost its action in the body which helps to increase the uptake and use of vitamin C in the body.
* Low-acid formulation buffered with mineral ascorbates makes it gentle on the stomach
* Helps to reduce the severity and duration of colds
* May helps to support skin suppleness and elasticity via its role in collagen production
* As a potent antioxidant it helps to reduce the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals
* Promotes wound healing
* Helps to maintain capillary health
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual’s need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to support capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years - We recommend Blackmores Bio C Chewable 500mg.
Not to be used by children under 4 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions
* Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
* Always read the label. Use only as directed
* If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per tablet
Ascorbic acid 280 mg
Calcium ascorbate 266 mg
(Total vitamin C 500 mg)
Citrus bioflavonoids extract 25 mg
Hesperidin 25 mg
Rosa canina (Rosehips) extract equiv. to dry fruit 250 mg
Rutin 50 mg