Spend $99 for Free Shipping Australia Wide
Also found in: Digestion Support
Blackmores Digestive Bitters contains ingredients traditionally used to help maintain healthy digestive function. These herbs have traditionally been used in digestive conditions including nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite and to help provide relief of indigestion, heartburn and reflux. Read more
Blackmores Digestive Bitters
Blackmores Digestive Bitters contains ingredients traditionally used to help maintain healthy digestive function. These herbs have traditionally been used in digestive conditions including nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite and to help provide relief of indigestion, heartburn and reflux.
Features and benefits
Digestive Bitters is a liquid tonic that may be added to water, juice or herbal tea.
How it works
It is important to maintain a healthy digestive system. A decline in gastric acid secretion can lead to abnormal bowel flora and poor absorption of nutrients. Gastric secretion declines with age and a significant number of people over 65 have low gastric acidity.
Bitter herbs stimulate the bitter taste receptors on the tongue, which in turn stimulate upper digestive function (i.e. the stomach, liver and pancreas). In the stomach gastric acid secretion is increased, which is beneficial in a variety of digestive conditions including poor appetite and indigestion.
The following bitter herbs are used in this formula:
- Dandelion root which is indicated for loss of appetite and dyspepsia, such as feelings of fullness and flatulence. It has traditionally been used as a liver tonic
- Meadowsweet which is used to treat flatulence and hyperacidity, including indigestion and reflux
- Gentian stimulates the appetite and digestion, can be used in digestive disorders such as loss of appetite, fullness and flatulence
- Agrimony stimulates digestion
- Cinnamon bark is useful to relieve griping pains and flatulence
Adults - Take 5 mL (1 metric teaspoon) in water 15 minutes prior to each meal or only prior to breakfast and dinner if on the Blackmores 10 Day Detox Program.
Children 6 - 12 years - 2.5 mL (1/2 metric teaspoon) in water or juice 15 minutes prior to each meal.
Children under 6 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications & Cautions
Contains ethanol (alcohol)
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If digestive symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
Active ingredients per 5 mL:
- Taraxacum officinale (Dandelion) dry root 2 g (2000 mg)
- Filipendula ulmaria (Meadowsweet) dry herb 1 g (1000 mg)
- Gentiana lutea (Gentian)dry root and rhizome 500 mg
- Agrimonia eupatoria (Agrimony) dry herb 500 mg
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Ceylon Cinnamon) dry stem bark 250 mg