Direct Health Zygest Powder 70g
Ultra Carbohydrase Complex
Zygest contains 13 Food Enzyme Systems including Protease DPPIV, Lactase, Amylase, Glucoamylase, Alpha-Galactosidase, Invertase, Beta-Glucanase, Lipase, Pectinase, Phytase, Transglucosidase, Cellulase and Xylanase. Zygest is suitable for vegans and vegetarians and can be taken with food or on an empty stomach. It is odourless and mixes well with drinks.
• Invertase is a disaccharidase that acts on sucrose to yield glucose and fructose
• Beta-Glucanase may act on the 1-3 and 1-4 beta glucosidic bonds of beta glucans. 60% of the cell wall of fungal organisms such as candida albican biofilm is made of glucans.
• Pectinase may break down the cell wall of many fruits and vegetables, which may increase nutritional and prebiotic values.
• Phytase has the ability to break down phytic acid, which is present in plants such as corn, rice, wheat, soy bean and other beans. Phytic acid can negatively affect absorption of minerals such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese and iron. Phytase may increase the bioavailability of these minerals.
• Transglucosidase is a food grade enzyme used in grains processing. It is known to have isomaltase activity (also known as palatinase), it releases isomaltase into two molecules of glucose and palatinase (a very minor disaccharide component of fruits and vegetables) into one molecule of glucose and one of fructose.
• Cellulase may improve the digestion of cellulose in plant foods.
• Xylanase hydrolyses xylans, which are indigestible components of plant fibres, which may provide another source of nutrition.
• Protease may help breakdown many Exophin peptides
• Lactase is a disaccharide that cleaves to lactose (milk sugar) into its component’s fructose and galactose.
• Amylase and Glucoamylase are enzymes that may break down carbohydrate rich foods, such as grains. They can break down starch and amylose into smaller polysaccharides or glucose.
• Alpha-Galactosidase is characterized by its ability to hydrolyse the alpha 1-6 linkages in melibiose, raffinose and stacyose; which are commonly found in vegetables, fruits and legumes. These sugars are not readily digested by humans and may cause digestive discomfort.
Each 1.5g (equiv. half a level teaspoon) contains:
Protease DPPIV (34000 HUT) 100mg
Lactase (1500 ALU) 15mg
Amylase (5000 DU) 50mg
Glucoamylase (290 AGU) 5mg
Alpha-Galactosidase (150 GAU) 50mg
Invertase (500 SU) 50mg
Beta-Glucanase (300 BGU) 6mg
Lipase (525 LU) 30mg
Pectinase (400 AJDU) 4mg
Phytase (250 FTU) 25mg
Transglucosidase (3000 IU) 30mg
Cellulase (1000 CU) 10mg
Xylanase (500 XU) 5mg
Store below 25°C. Do not store in direct sunlight or heat.
For the most up to date information on this product, please visit the brand / manufacturer website as product descriptions and directions can change.