Spend $99 for Free Shipping Australia wide
Also found in:
Blackmores Natural E 100IU helps protect cells from free radical damage. Vitamin E supports heart health and reduces oxidation of LDL-cholesterol (so-called “bad” cholesterol). Read more
Blackmores Natural E 100IU | Vitamin E
Blackmores Natural E 100IU helps protect cells from free radical damage. Vitamin E supports heart health and reduces oxidation of LDL-cholesterol (so-called “bad” cholesterol).
Features and benefits
* A source of natural vitamin E, which has approximately twice the bioavailability of synthetic vitamin E, which means it is retained longer and is twice as active in the body.
* Reduces oxidation of LDL (bad)-cholesterol.
* Helps to maintain a healthy heart.
* Easy-to-swallow capsule.
* Low dose product for maintenance usage.
How it works
* Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant vitamin that helps protect cell membranes from damage. It is incorporated into the cell membranes and helps maintain their integrity throughout the body.
* As an antioxidant vitamin E acts as a ‘free-radical scavenger’. Free radicals are common in the body, arising through a variety of mechanisms. Some are generated in the body as part of normal energy-producing processes, some are generated by pollutants such as air pollution, and some are generated by lifestyle factors such as cigarette smoke. Many of these free radicals are dealt with by the body’s own antioxidant defences. Some free radicals escape these defences, and tend to accumulate. Research suggests that this accumulation of free radicals can result in cellular damage.
* Vitamin E helps maintain heart health as it can help to protect artery walls from free radical damage. A damaged artery wall is more susceptible to developing plaques, which are raised patches on the normally thin and elastic inner wall of the artery. These plaques are composed of a number of substances which include oxidised LDL-cholesterol. Large plaques in arteries can end up obstructing blood circulation.
* Fats and cholesterol are very susceptible to free radical damage. Vitamin E helps protect fat and cholesterol, particularly LDL-cholesterol, from oxidation. It is currently understood that LDL-cholesterol is only harmful to the body after it has become oxidised.
Adults - Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Only as professionally prescribed.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 67 mg) 100 IU