Spend $99 for Free Shipping Australia Wide
Also found in:
DISCONTINUED PRODUCT Blackmores Colon Care helps to relieve constipation and support bowel function. Blackmores Colon Care is a laxative formula with fibre and herbs to assist the functioning of the colon. Read more
Blackmores Colon Care
This product has been discontinued by Blackmores
Blackmores Colon Care
Blackmores Colon Care helps to relieve constipation and support bowel function. Blackmores Colon Care is a laxative formula with fibre and herbs to assist the functioning of the colon.
Why use Blackmores Colon Care
- Promotes elimination and rids the body of waste
- Contains herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve constipation
The Blackmores Difference
Blackmores Colon Care is a pleasant tasting powder that can be swallowed with water, added to food or made into a tea. The dosage can be easily adjusted according to need.
The herbs used in this formula have a laxative effect. The herbs senna and buckthorn both contain compounds called anthraquinone glycosides which work by stimulating peristalsis.
Other laxative herbs have high mucilage content, such as the herbs psyllium and agar. These herbs increase the bulk of the stool, which stimulates evacuation.
Active ingredients per gram
- Senna 500 mg
- Rhamnus frangula (buckthorn) bark dry 250 mg
- Psyllium husk powder 90 mg
- Psyllium seed dry 50 mg
- Aniseed powder 40 mg
- Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed powder40 mg
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root powder 10 mg
- Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (uva ursi) leaf powder 10 mg
- Agar 10 mg
Adults – Place 1 – 3 g (½ - 1 level metric teaspoon) on the tongue followed by a full glass of water. Add to fresh or stewed fruit, cereals, soups or vegetables.
As a tea, add 3 g (1 level metric teaspoon) to 1 cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
Best taken last thing at night, before retiring.
Children – Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and cautions
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems. Colon Care should only be used for a few days, and it is important to ensure plenty of dietary fibre, adequate fluid intake and regular exercise
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
None expected if used as directed. Overuse may decrease absorption of nutrients and oral medications due to increased speed of transit through the intestines.