The Story Behind The Beauty Chef by Carla Oates
A living skin care range to fuel good gut microbes, boosting your inner and outer glow.
Treating your insides right to look good on the outside is nothing new to most. But Carla Oates, CEO and creator of The Beauty Chef range has found a way to perfect the combination.
Creating the first ever living skin care product range The Beauty Chef, Carla Oates focuses on fermented, fiber rich and antioxidant plant-based recipes to help fuel good gut microbes and ultimately boost your inner and outer glow.
Carla Oates founded The Beauty Chef in her Bondi Beach kitchen in Sydney Australia. Originally working within the landscape of fashion, Carla Oates felt uneasy about the copious amounts of artificially and chemically laden ingredients which were ridden throughout majority of the beauty products on the market. In fact, after years of experiencing her own acne struggles as an adolescent, Carla Oates felt inspired to derive accumulated knowledge from past naturopathic appointments as well as her time spent in the world of fashion to kick-start the innovation of her own skin care formulas.
These products would be based on natural sources that one could most likely find in their kitchen cabinet. Sourcing organic herbs, plants and whole foods, she began facto-fermenting these foods in the comfort of her own home, heralding the development of her first concoction: GLOW inner beauty powder, a healthier alternative to synthetic skin supplements on the market.
Understanding that skin and gut health co-exist in the same realm, Carla Oates solidified her recipes using the Flora Culture Plus fermentation process. Containing more than six billion strains of probiotics and prebiotics, the method at hand, ferments the skin-loving blend of ingredients, creating a super-charged, bio active concentrate. This process ultimately boosts adequate digestion and subsequently improves the skin’s natural vitality and glow.
The vast range of high antioxidant foods utilized in her recipes also made them incredible immune boosting tonics. Since antioxidants naturally protect us from pollution and free radical damage, this ultimately made The Beauty Chef the first brand to focus on the correlation between beautiful skin and a healthy micro-biome. As 70 percent of our immune system resides in our guts, Carla Oates understood the significance of feeding the self with nutrient dense fibres, prebiotics, probiotics and antioxidant rich herbs and plants.
Crafted by a vast team of microbiologists, pharmacists, naturopaths and nutritionists, The Beauty Chef range includes 8 inner beauty and 2 outer beauty products. These nutrient dense powders and tonics are “all scientifically-formulated to fortify the skin” but also protect the gut barriers from harmful pollution, bacteria and oxidative stress - (Oates). If you’re not treating your insides right, it’s going to show up on the outside.
The Beauty Chef is an Australian business, manufacturing health and beauty products. This range is free of:
- artificial colours
The Beauty Chef Product Range -
GLOW Inner Beauty Powder
A bio-fermented super-food beauty blend with antioxidant rich herbs, vitamin c, zinc and probiotics designed to help improve gut health and enhance the skin from the inside out.
- Contains vitamin c to naturally help boost and synthesise the skins natural collagen.
- Zinc for adequate hair skin and nail growth, rejuvenating skin elasticity and function.
- High in fermented whole-foods, this powder acts as a natural digestive enzyme to help break down fats, carbs and protein, ultimately supporting healthy digestion.
CLEANSE Inner Beauty Powder
An alkalising, super-greens liver cleansing supplement, designed to help detox your liver, lending to a more radiant, clearer complexion on the outside.
- Liver cleansing herbs such as Dandelion Root, Burdock and St Mary’s Thistle, aid the detoxification process.
- High in leafy greens and fibre, this powder helps to eliminate nasty toxins and bring the body back to an alkaline state.
- With a focus on foods rich in prebiotics, soluble fibre and digestive enzymes, Cleanse supports a healthy micro-biome.
COLLAGEN Inner Beauty Boost
A bio-fermented concentrate designed to increase the skin’s natural production of collagen and promote a radiant and plumped complexion from the inside out.
- The combination of vitamin and c boosts the immune system whilst simultaneously supporting hair skin and nail growth.
- Boosts collagen synthesis with ingredients like grape-seed extract which protects the skins elastin from degradation.
- Fights free radical damage with high antioxidant bio-fermented fruits such as acai-berries, papaya and blueberries.
ANTIOXIDANT Inner Beauty Boost
Bio-fermented, enzyme-packed, probiotic concentrate designed to give you a daily shot of nutritional support. Rich in vitamin e and green tea, this product helps to protect your skin and body from free-radical damage and cellular ageing.
- Combats premature ageing with its high antioxidant blend, rebalancing and repairing damaged skin.
- Full of bio-fermented probiotics helping to boost the skins radiance from the inside out.
- Powerful immune tonic
HYDRATION inner Beauty Boost
Electrolyte fuelled infused probiotic blend to help combat dry, ageing skin caused by stress and free radical damage. Rich in aloe vera to aid digestion, coconut water to replenish the the cells and replace minerals, this tonic helps to improve circulation and oxygenation. Antioxidants clean up free radical waste in the cells.
- Hydrates body and skin with its electrolyte rich formula
- Lemon Myrtle helps to reduces cellulite and supports tissue growth.
- The anti-inflammatory nature of Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants, adding a protective layer to skin, fighting free radical damage and speeding up healing time.
SLEEP Inner Beauty Boost
Sleep Inner Beauty Powder is a bio-fermented, probiotic formula rich in natural melatonin (sour cherry) with turmeric and and passionflower traditionally used in western herbal medicine to promote calm and a restful sleep.
- Passionflower and Lemon-balm soothe anxiety, relieving symptoms such as irritability, restlessness and brain fog.
- Bio-fermented turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and paw-paw act as a digestive enzyme whilst promoting adequate nutrient absorption.
- Sedative herbal formula helps to promotes a good nights sleep.
BODY Inner Beauty Powder
Packed with bio-available plant proteins, super fruits and vegetables, alkalising greens, spices, probiotics and green tea, The Beauty Chef BODY Inner Beauty Powder is designed to nourish your body from the inside out and help, promoting a healthy weight range in conjunction with a balanced diet and exercise program.
- Contains 50% of the RDI of Vitamin D which helps you to absorb calcium and subsequently support bone health.
- Contains 50% of the RDI OF Vitamin C, boosting glutathione to protect the body against free radical damage.
- Alkalising ingredients rich in grasses and leafy greens to help the body with its natural detoxication process.
PROBIOTIC Skin Refiner
The Beauty Chef’s Probiotic Skin Refiner is an exfoliant, skin hydrator and collagen booster all in one. A bio-active whole food extract, this revolutionary new skincare product is formulated using a nourishing combination of bio-fermented Certified Organic grains, seeds, grasses, fruits, algae, vegetables and herbs.
- Rich in naturally occurring alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) this refiner helps to combats signs of premature ageing.
- AHAs exfoliate dead skin cells, helping to rejuvenate and replenish a natural, radiant complexion.
- AHAS help to soothes inflamed skin which has been damaged by UV exposure and environmental toxins.
BEAUTY Fix Balm
Beauty Fix Balm helps to moisturise and heal, dry and damaged skin. Rich in bio-fermented whole foods such as coconut, honey and green ginger, this skin-loving pot of goodness helps to reduce inflammation and combat signs of ageing, lending life back to the skin.
- Bio-fermented young coconut extract acts as a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent, soothing and repairing wounded skin.
- Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, promoting skin-cell repair, and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Prevents moisture loss by hydrating and re-texturises the skin.