ChinaMed Motherhood 1 Formula 78c
This is a modern empirical formula that has been developed to promote fertility in women with deficiency of the Qi and Blood as well as the Kidney Essence. The uterus, including the Chong and Ren channels are deprived of nourishment leading to impairment of female reproductive function.
In TCM female infertility may be due to:
- Deficiency of the Kidney Qi, leading to deficiency of the Kidney Essence and the Blood
- Qi and Blood deficiency, which affects the Chong and Ren channels and thus deprives the uterus of adequate nourishment
- Liver constraint leading to stagnation of the Qi, which will also affect the Chong and Ren channels and the uterus
- Retention of Damp in the lower Jiao due to Spleen Yang deficiency, which affects the uterus
- Invasion by exogenous Cold into the uterus, leading to localised Blood stasis
This formula thus provides a foundation for the treatment of female infertility due to the first three factors. Thus, the primary distinguishing clinicial features are mostly related to deficiency: Fatigue, muscular weakness, pale complexion, poor appetite, scanty menstrual flow, pale tongue, weak/thready pulse.
Clinical studies conducted in China indicate that about 70% (ranging from 50% - 90%) of all cases of infertility (male and female) treated by Chinese herbs resulted in pregnancy or restored fertility. In these studies, daily or periodic use of herbs usually resulted in restored fertility within three to six months. In Western countries, where dosages of herbs are usually lower than in China, it is estimated that pregnancy can be achieved within six to twelve months.
Finally, it should be noted that up until recently Western medical thinking has been biased towards female causes of infertility, while neglecting to investigate possible male causes. It is now estimated that in around 40 - 50% of cases male factors are involved (female factors: 40%; male factors: 40%; combined factors: 20%). Therefore it is important to find out whether or not the male partner has been evaluated before focusing treatment solely on the female partner.
Each capsule contains:
- Caution for those on anti-coagulant medications (i.e. Heparin, warfarin or aspirin) and uterine stimulants (e.g. oxytocin).
- Contains Glycyrrhiza, which potentiates prednisone and corticosteroids by prolonging steroid biological half-life; caution in patients with hypertension.
For the most up to date information on this product, please visit the brand / manufacturer website as product descriptions and directions can change.