Spend $99 for Free Shipping Australia Wide
Also found in:
Blackmores Bio Calcium is a source of calcium for the prevention and treatment of calcium deficiencies. It may assist in the prevention and/or treatment of osteoporosis. THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE Read more
Blackmores Calcium (Bio Calcium Chewable)
Blackmores Bio Calcium is a source of calcium for the prevention and treatment of calcium deficiencies. It may assist in the prevention and/or treatment of osteoporosis.
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Features and benefits
* Helps to prevent and treat calcium deficiency.
* May assist in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
* Helps to promote absorption of calcium.
* Chewable tablets with natural peppermint flavour.
* Dairy-free formula.
* Contains vitamin D3 to facilitate uptake by the body.
* No artificial sweeteners.
How it works
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, and approximately 99% of the body’s calcium exists in the bones. A major function of calcium is building and maintaining bones and teeth.
Calcium is also involved in various metabolic roles such as nerve transmission, contraction of muscles and the regulation of heart muscle function.
Vitamin D is essential for the absorption and utilization of calcium. Deficiency of vitamin D results in lack of bone strength and density, and joint pain.
Women’s calcium requirements are increased after menopause as levels of oestrogen decline.
Adults - Chew 1 tablet 2 to 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6-12 years – Chew 1 tablet 1 to 2 times a day or as professionally prescribed.
Children (under 6 years) - Only as professionally prescribed.
Active ingredients per tablet
Calcium phosphate (Calcium 210 mg) 570 mg
Calcium hydrogen phosphate (Calcium 140 mg) (total equiv.calcium 350 mg) 600 mg
Vitamin D3 (Colecalciferol 2.5 mcg) 100 IU
* Calcium, zinc and magnesium may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, bisphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs) or thyroid hormone separate doses by at least two hours
* Calcium may decrease the activity of verapamil. Consult your healthcare professional before use if taking verapamil